108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Prolaint DL380 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Krysune
Advisor

Prolaint DL380 G3

Alright, it beeps telling me there is no RAM inside the server. I installed 1GB of RAM, and i'm not sure if the RAM is faulty, the MB faulty, OR I don't have enough RAM inserted. Can anyone, tell me what the issue could be?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
6 REPLIES 6
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

1 GB of memory should be enough for it to boot. When you put the memory in was there any change in the behavior? What type of memory did you install? It is likely memory at fault, but it is possible there could be a system board problem. When did this problem start and what led up to this?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Krysune
Advisor

Well, I got the server from someone, it was in working condition at the time. It came with nothing, so I bought 1GB of DIMM DDR ECC for the server, and it can't recognize the RAM apparently. Not sure how it led up to this stage, it was fine when I seen it, but they took everything out of course.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

It's been a while since I have worked on one of these, but I realized this server requires the memory be installed in pairs. Do you have 2 DIMMs installed in bank A?
Krysune
Advisor

There is only 1 RAM installed for the whole thing, i'm guessing I need one more to make a pair?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Exactly. The cover illustration will show how much memory is needed and where it needs to be installed.
Krysune
Advisor

Well, thanks again. Wish I read everything before I bought the RAM, now I need one more.