1758539 Members
1814 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant ML350 Gen10 Memory Population Error

ML350User

ProLiant ML350 Gen10 Memory Population Error

I have a ML350 Gen10

I recently purchased 6 new sticks of memory for this server. 

This brings the total of memory modules to 16 sticks. (16 GB Each, 2666 Mhz RDIMM) -- for a total of 256 GB of memory. 

I have a dual processor system with 2x Intel Xeon 6140 CPUs. 

Per the memory population guidelines, I have installed 8 sticks of ram per CPU in slots: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 -- for each CPU. 

Screenshot 2023-12-04 132223.png

However, when the server powers on the following is logged, and 1 of the memory channels are mapped out per each CPU;

1021   UEFI Unsupported DIMM Configuration Detected - Processor 2 DIMMs 5, 6. DIMM population rule violation. The memory channel has been mapped out. The indicated DIMMs will not be available. (Major Code:00000017, Minor Code:00000001). 12/04/2023 17:35:12 3

1020   UEFI Unsupported DIMM Configuration Detected - Processor 1 DIMMs 5, 6. DIMM population rule violation. The memory channel has been mapped out. The indicated DIMMs will not be available. (Major Code:00000017, Minor Code:00000001). 12/04/2023 17:35:12 3 

Screenshot 2023-12-04 131812.png

Am I missing something? 

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Proliant ML350 Gen10 Memory Population - Prolaint server - ML350 Gen10

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 Server User Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

ML350User

Re: Query: Proliant ML350 Gen10 Memory Population - Prolaint server - ML350 Gen10

Hi, Yes I have reviewed that and all related documents to the best of my ability. 

Is there something specific in there to this situation, or are you just sharing the manual? 

Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant ML350 Gen10 Memory Population Error

Hello,

Please try 

1. Re-seat the DIMMS

2. Swap reported DIMMS with good known DIMM

If the issue remains , please log a HPE support case with Latest AHS Logs.
Regards

HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ML350User

Hello -- I have already re-seated the RAM, and all modules are reporting good. 

I cannot submit a support ticket as I do not have a service agreement. 

Thanks. 

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hello,

please refer to Page 652 - https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00046957en_us
Also please make sure the Server Firmware are up-to-Date.
If the issue remains we might have to replace DIMMs, however we would need AHS Logs to verify the same.

Regards
HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ML350User

@Sham82 I have reseated the memory, and the issue persists. 

As well, the server recognizes the memory as populated, that error just still appears and it only provides 192 GB of ram / 256 GB. 

This doesn't appear to be an issue with the modules themselves. 

Per the article you sent, i have confirmed the DIMMs are installed in a supported configuration, per the above. 

Firmware is up to date. 

ML350User

Can you provide any further guidance? 

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@ML350User 

Good day... 

There are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

>> Try swapping the memory modules between different channels. For example, if you have two channels per CPU, try moving the modules from channels 5 and 6 to channels 1 and 2 (assuming your server supports such configurations). This will help determine if the issue is related to specific DIMMs or channels.

>> Test each memory module individually in a known working slot to ensure that each DIMM is functional. This will help identify if any specific DIMM is causing the issue.

>> Inspect the DIMM slots for any bent pins or physical damage. If there's any visible damage, it could be affecting the connectivity. Also, check the DIMM connectors for any signs of damage.

>> Reset the BIOS/UEFI settings to default and then reconfigure the memory settings according to the guidelines. Sometimes, incorrect settings in the BIOS/UEFI can lead to memory configuration issues.

>> Use built-in memory diagnostic tools, if available, to test the memory subsystem. This can help identify any issues with the memory channels or DIMMs.
Check for Additional System Logs:

>> Look for additional system logs or error messages that might provide more information about the nature of the issue. There could be other error messages that provide additional context.

>> If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be worth reaching out to the technical support team. They might be able to provide specific guidance or initiate further troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.