5618 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Replace SAS disk for HP ProLiant 380DL Raid1

Anas-sh
Occasional Contributor

Replace SAS disk for HP ProLiant 380DL Raid1

Hello Everyone,

I have HP Proliant Server 380DL G9 with 5 SAS disks, (2 disks for raid 1, also 2 disks raid 1 and the last one is raid 0)

one of the disks in the 1st raid 1 is flashing Amber, so its recommended to replace the flashing disk with new one.

So I want to ask, How to replace this disk?  is there any instructions i need to follow? and if the controller is hot swappable, how I can make sure that my controller hotswappable function is activated so i can only pull the old one and puch the new disk

2 REPLIES 2
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

As per the configuration the first 2 disks are in RAID 1. Means, data mirroring. RAID 1 can sustain 1 drive failure without data loss.
SAS drives will be hot swappable. You can pull the faulty one out and plug the new / replacement one in. The new / replacement drive will rebuild.
This server has p440ar/ 840ar controller to support SAS drives and they does support hot swap functionality.

Quickspecs: https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04346247
I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

@Anas-sh 

Any Update ?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo