1754806 Members
3220 Online
108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tape Backup

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Tape Backup

I have: Compaq ML370 with Compaq DDS4 20/40 GB DAT drive.
-using Veritas Backup exec ver. 8.0 rev.3311; have also tried the NT backup utility.

Backup Log: Storage device"compaq2" reported an error on request to write data to media. or Storage device"compaq2" reported error on request to read data from media.

Error reported for the above situations is: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Event Log:(application) Job"xyz" ended in a error state. Examine recent event log entries and the job history for details.

Event Log:(System) Source: cpq32fs2 Event ID: 9
The device, \device\scsi\cpq32fs21, did not respond within the timeout period.

The backup jobs either fail during the backup or the verify. This has been a constant problem since we installed the box 8 months - 1year ago. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.....Don
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This is an addition to original message:
Event Log: (system) Source: Service Control Manager Event:7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
sonysdx-vrts.

Thanks.....Don
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The driver that fails to load is a Veritas driver. There have been several reports of cpq32fs2 driver causing this problem - it has been resolved by updating this driver from the latest SUPPORT PAQ - if you're still having the issue email us at support@compaq.com or call 1-800-ok-compaq.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Compaq technician came on sight, applied softpaq. I have not had a problem for about a week. Thanks.....don