ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748066 Members
5389 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

The cache for Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot is disabled because one or more attached batteries.

Jimmyh01

The cache for Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot is disabled because one or more attached batteries.

Hi all

i have just spend a lot of mony on new bigger disc.

Then i can expand disc cuss BAT is broken.

I have bye new bat and cabels.

Now i have the problem: The cache for Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot is disabled because one or more attached batteries are not supported by the currently running firmware.

Controller Hardware Information

Controller Smart Array P410i
Slot 0
PCI Address (Domain:Bus:Device.Function) 0000:05:00.0
Hardware Revision C
Controller Serial Number 5001438013A867B0
Firmware Version 6.64
Number of Ports 2 (Internal only)
Controller Memory Module Size 256 MiB
Battery/Capacitor Pack Count  1

plz help me out here.....

Cheers

Jimmy

1 REPLY 1
AdiSuhas
HPE Pro

Re: The cache for Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot is disabled because one or more attached batter

Hi,

- Please ensure that the Cache, Battery/Capacitor and cable is properly seated. Check the tray to make sure the contacts are strong. Clean the cache tray to ensure the contact surface are not corroded.
- Please review the ADU Report > Consolidated Error Report and check whether the Cache is temporarily or permanently disabled. A Permanently disabled message indicates Cache Failure.
- Battery / Capacitor is selected based on the type of Cache Module populated on the server. Hence please check whether its BBWC or FBWC:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01682458
- The Cache could be disabled as Battery may not be charged completely.

This issue needs further diagnosis by the Hardware Support Team. Please call the Level 1 Support Line for Warranty Support and share the ADU Report before replacing any further hardware on the server.
https://www.hpe.com/us/en/contact-hpe.html

Regards,
AS

I am a HPE Employee