1754399 Members
2737 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Wake on lan not working on Proliant dl160 G5

Weingartner
Visitor

Wake on lan not working on Proliant dl160 G5

Hi guys, I am struggling to make WOL work for a Proliant dl160 G5, I just cannot find the WOL configuration on BIOs to enable. I tried to enable just in the O.S. (I am using a Debian Wheezy), however that did not work. I have already upgraded the BIOS and the management to their latest version.

I also checked (using TCP dump), the frame with the magic packets is reaching the server.

The Proliant dl160 G5 is supposed to support WOL, but so far I have not been able to use it.

Can anyone point me to the WOL option on BIOS?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it work?

4 REPLIES 4
mihaib200
Frequent Advisor

Re: Wake on lan not working on Proliant dl160 G5

Try look RBSU >> Server Availability...Also, your NIC's should be able to support WOL.

Weingartner
Visitor

I did look at the RBSU. However, I could not find the WOL option. As you can see in the image attached, there is no “Server Availability” option in my RBSU.

Does anyone that has a similar model have that option on RBSU?

Weingartner
Visitor

UPDATE: I found a manual of the Proliant DL160 G5 server; the BIOS does not have that “Server Availability” option. The manual I found is available here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01325420.pdf

The question is, if there is no WOL option on BIOS, how can I enable it? Or should it be enabled by default?! I do not get why this is being so complicated to use something that the NIC seem to have.

mihaib200
Frequent Advisor