ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1757860 Members
2628 Online
108866 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Where PSP and fan speed issue on DL145

John Lauro

Where PSP and fan speed issue on DL145

The FanSpeed issue seems to be a common problem with HP servers... Why don't they just have the lights-out handle it???

I have a DL145 (G1 I assume, but not 100% positive). Purchased it used off of ebay but of course the fans are running loud and at full speed.

I assume the main problem is I need to install PSP. However, I can not find where I am supposed to download it. I can find release notes and it appears there might not even be a version for DL145 G1 with RedHat EL 5. Will the version for G2 work on original Dl145, or will the RH EL4 version work on EL5?

I found various drivers for the DL145, but perhaps I am just not understanding the correct name to look for. All hardware (ie: NICs are working fine, etc...)
2 REPLIES 2
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

There is no PSP for DL145 server
(and for any 1xx servers as well)
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Hi there,

Proliant Support Pack is only for the 3xx, 5xx and 7xx servers. For your server you can find all possible downloads here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3285493&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=398205〈=en&cc=us

Sometimes the "fan" issue is related to bios, or sometimes it is just a hardware failure - the temperature sensor on the systemboard is not working properly and the fans just have no regulation and work at maximum speed.

Regards,

Mi6t0