New Discussion юеВ

Re: Win XP on ML310 G4 with RAID 1

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Joseph

as you can see here ML310 G4 does not support XP
http://urlao.com/windowsmatrix

but a lot of people try that if you make a research using XP you will find a lot of results (good ones and not at all) people do this on their own because XP is not supported

I think is more an issue with Microsoft why? because they should include this driver for the controller (in that way avoid a lot of headaches)

so at the end which is your controller card?
this one intel 82801 GR SATA RAID?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Joseph Barbier
Occasional Advisor

yes, it is this controler

intel 82801 GR SATA RAID

but, it is a special release tweaked by HP, because all the drivers for a normal intel 82801 GR SATA RAID doesn't work at all with this one...

regards
Joseph
long time ago, i had a life, but i bought a computer and a modem...
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

I don't Understand;

When there are "NO" drivers for one to Install windows XP onto this server, Whats the point install ALL OTHER available Drivers ????

HP_Sammy the link that you provided above; If you read carefully, it reads :

"Supported Devices and Features
Microsoft Windows Server 2000 ,Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions."

As you see "Windows XP" is missing;

Had this NOT been a 100 series server, all this would have been helpful; & even XP would have been installed successfully. But here, its insane, installing every other drivers for other OS versions.

Regards,
James.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Sujith has right and I support him 100%.

Even if you succesfully install XP , then you will have a lot of troubles finding other drivers that function normally...

Regards,
Pac
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

don't see why you blame HP support...

>>i called HP support this afternoon and they told me that there is no drivers for Win XP for this...

What can HP support do? Write new drivers?

>>HP will not provide drivers for components...
so, my SERVER is useless...
thanks to HP who didn't tell me that when i order it...

You said it - YOUR SERVER , XP is not a Server operating system and 2nd it is not HP work to tell you that before you buy, if you aksed the would tell you... and there is :

www.hp.com/go/supportos , where you can always check OS support before you buy. And there is a pre-sales department where you can always call and ask if smthg is supported...

I don't say HP support don't make mistakes, but in this situation it is not their fault...

Regards,
Pac
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Joseph,

At this point, I know it would be bit uneasy for u to install a different OS other than your Choice; However, Accepting the Fact; You may work on it as a Virtual Machine;

PAC: Thanks; However, Imagine yourself in the same situation, Ur reaction will be exactly the same. When we Rely on a Brand, we tend to neglect these smaller details.

PEACE !

Regards,
James.
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Please try the below driver

http://www.soft32.com/download_177465.html

Cheers :)