1760140 Members
3307 Online
108891 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2000 Pro on Proliant DL360

James Harrison_1

Windows 2000 Pro on Proliant DL360

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 Professional (not server) on a Proliant DL360 but when using Smart Centre it errors.

Has anyone got any clues how to get around this.

Regards,

James Harrison
5 REPLIES 5
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows 2000 Pro on Proliant DL360

I would think that you could use the same drivers as 2000 server. So you would have to boot from the 2000 pro CD since SmartStart will not install 2000 Pro. Hopefully 2000 will recognize everything in the box, but chances are you will need to make driver diskettes (from the web of from the disk) depending on what options you have installed/.

And if my mind is working right, 2000 Pro is not supported on Compaq servers since it is a workstation OS. So hopefully you won't be needing to use the management agents.

James Harrison_1

Thanks Tom,

The setup program errors as soon as all the drivers have been loaded and it tries to start windows.

we have tried adding the raid controller drivers during the setup process to no avail. Do you know which drivers we should be using... we have tried using the compaq array controller 5i but this also hangs the setup process.

windows 2000 server install works without having to specify any additional drivers...

?? Ideas ??

Many thanks for your help,

James
James Harrison_1

BTW Apologies but I cannot seem to add points to answers. I am a UK user and whenever I try to do this it tell me my password is invalid...

James
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

James,

If you did use the correct driver for your array controller, I guess it's safe to assume they don't support pro.

But..I did some looking around and found an alternative set of 2000 array controller drivers. They are not fully supported by some management software, but you can read that on the page. Maybe these will help.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14317.html
James Harrison_1

Thanks Tom.

I'll give these drivers and go and report back.

Cheers,

James