1753757 Members
4970 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Windows Home Server 2007

Nocerame
Occasional Visitor

Windows Home Server 2007

Hi, I hope someone can help. I've just bought a Proliant DL360 G6 and I'd like to set up a game server. I have a copy of WHS 2007. I've set up the RAID array using the onboard D410i and the 4, 146GB SAS drives but when beginning the installation it cannot find the drive. It then asks if I'd like to install storage drivers so I've tried a few for WS2008 + R2 as this was the closest I could find but none worked. I've also tried using the Smart Start utility on booting but that also doesn't have any drivers for any version of WHS. Is there anything I can do to get this running or am I better off buying a proper copy of WS, i.e. 2008?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy. :)

2 REPLIES 2
krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Windows 7 is not supported on Proliant Servers. You will not be able to find a compatible working driver. You may check the OS Support matrix and choose a supported OS:

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.WvgkwYiFOM8

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
slavtechbuer
Valued Contributor

Now then, 

I'm pretty sure that I have installed Windows 7  on Gen7 and Gen8 server, obviously I had evaluation license but it should work. What about to install ESXI and virtual server with Windows 7 on board :)? 

Kind Regards

Slav