2162 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP gen 8 Micro server nothing after BIOS

Chris447
Visitor

HP gen 8 Micro server nothing after BIOS

Hey everyone,

I recently got my hands on a Gen8 microserver and I'm still pretty new to it all. I attempted to reset everything so I could start fresh with the setup.

During booting, I pressed the F10 key to access Intelligent Provisioning > maintenance > Erase. The process completed successfully and the server restarted.

However, that's when my troubles began. Every time the BIOS starts up and prompts me to press F9 for setup or F10 or F11 for other options, nothing happens. No matter which option I select, the screen remains blank.

I came across a post suggesting using switch number 6 on the board to perform a reset. I followed the steps: removed power, switched 6 to on, powered on, let it idle for 5 minutes, switched off, unplugged power, switched 6 back to off, plugged power back in, powered on again, but still nothing.

Just to provide some context, I'm using a 2.5" drive instead of the CD-ROM bay, and there's nothing in the SD card slot.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice you could offer. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
thutchings
HPE Pro

Hello,

Do you have an add in graphics card installed in the server? The behavior sounds to me like the video is being handed off to a separate graphics card.

Regards

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Chris447
Visitor

@thutchings 

Hi thutchings

No, no gpu is connected. Unfortunately I didn’t get one with it so I’m using a vga cable at this point in time.

Kind regards and thanks in advance