108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP MicroServer Gen9

SOLVED
Go to solution
ResidentPro
Occasional Visitor

HP MicroServer Gen9

There doesn't seem to be any new information about the MicroServer Gen9.  Will there be a MicroServer Gen9?  If so, I know you can leak the release date, but where can I go for current information?  Googling seems to point to old news.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. - Hp Forum Moderator

18 REPLIES 18
Vlad_T
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi ResidentPro,

well the mere fact none of the big search engines has indexed anything new for a while now is because we haven't released any market-ready details about it yet. Having said that, I'm sure it's obvious, that regardless we'd like to, unfortunately we can't leak any information here either, but the most I can tell you is that there should be plenty of additional info in a few months.

I know it doesn't help much, but at least you'd know why there isn't any info out there yet.

Cheers,

Vlad

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

ResidentPro
Occasional Visitor

Hi Vlad_T,

Your response was informative.  Thank you.

ClintBoessen

Hi Vlad,

The HP Gen9 servers were released August 2014.  HP still have no announcement on the HP Gen9 Microserver release date.  What many people in the community want at this stage is not just a leaked  infomration on the HP MicroServer Gen9 release date but the answer to this question:

Will HP be releasing a Gen9 version of the MicroServer?

The answer to this question will inticipate if we:

a) keep waiting for HP to release the product

b) look for an alternative solution.

I am in need for a new home server to replace my current Gen8 MicroServer, one that supports up to 32GB of memory.  The HP MicroServer is a great fit as it provides iLO management - hopefully if HP do release a new version it will come with 32GB of memory support as this is currently a requirement by many people in the community.

Regards,

Clint

liuhuan
Occasional Visitor

Hi ,

Any news you could possibly give me? Thanks.

If hp gen9 microserver is still a year away I will give it a miss, but if gen9 microserver is just around the corner then I will happily wait and purchase the gen9 as soon at it hits the shelves.

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hello @liuhuan

I am excited and happy you are a loyal HP customer.  I have checked with my colleges and there is no information as of yet about the release of the HP MicroServer Gen9 series.  Typically, HP does not announce product release dates in advance, because HP does not want to set customers' expectations and then for some unforeseen reason not be able to deliver a product on the promised date. 

There may have been leaks from third party sites on the release of the HP MicroServer Gen9 series but HP does not comment on third party site as it is not know where the information was originated.  As said before as soon as the information is made public, we are happy to answer any questions that customers may have about the HP MicroServer Gen9 series. 

I recommend visiting the HP Filter News Results that gives information on HP products that are available for customers like New Advisory, Press kits, and Press releases.  I do sincerely apologize for not having any more information for you at this time.

liuhuan
Occasional Visitor

Hi BK_HP,

Thanks for your response.

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hi @liuhuan

You are very welcome, I apologize there is not more information on the HP MicroServer Gen9 series.

BadADM
Visitor

In Russia, preparing for the new models.

HP MicroServer Gen9

g-pete

Hi,

i knwo you can't give specific details about a new Gen9 Microserver. But is it possible to tell whether new information will be released until the end of the year or not?

Thx

g-pete