1770732 Members
1971 Online
108999 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Configuring shutdown instructions from UPS

Account1
Contributor

Configuring shutdown instructions from UPS

I understand that HPE does not support configuring a UPS in a virtualized and HA environment to automatically shutdown each OS in the event of a power failure, regardless of 3Tier/HCI configuration.

I would like to use a UPS R1500 G5 to set up a shutdown instruction to a virtual OS in a Hyper-V cluster configuration, if anyone knows how to do this?

I know how to set this up for a single configuration, but I am not sure how to do this for a cluster configuration.

Best regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

i am not an expert on UPS, but as you already know, HPE UPS may not have the capability to turn off each VM.
There are some softwares which may perform this activity, you may check their documentation.

I am not sure weather that software works on HPE UPS.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Account1,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo