108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Active Directory

SOLVED
Go to solution
Philipp Stute

Active Directory

Hi,

i'm currently trying to migrate iLO-Boards (Firmware 1.5/1.6) of 20p blade servers into Active Directory (Win2003Server) using HP Directory Support utilities v1.13.

I just cannot create the iLOs in the Organisational Unit created. The Migration Tool detects the iLO-boards, i can access the AD and browse the container and role, but when I want to generate the entries in AD, it says that there is no such role.

iLO and AD can connect using the test functionality for directories of the iLO-GUI, so there seems to be no problem with certificates or ssl. I also have an CA installed.

Is there probably a problem with the schema extension?

regards,

Philipp
10 REPLIES 10
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

This bug will be fixed in v1.14 of the Directory Support Utilities. The utility update being released to the web and may show up at any time. Stay tuned.
Philipp Stute

Thank you for the hint about the new v1.14.

But it appeared to be a problem of certification. I copied the certificate of the domain controller into the the user's the Active Directory user objects certificates folder.

This worked out for me. But again, thank for your help.

regards,

Philipp
acartes
Honored Contributor

Still, I suggest trying v1.14 of the directory migration utilities. They are now available for download.

http://www.hp.com/server/lights-out
Follow iLO Standard or iLO Advanced
Follow Drivers and Utilities
Follow Locate
Philipp Stute

I agree that the certificates have not been to problem. I created a "dummy" device in the role before I tried the certificate thing. Thank you for the hint once again. with v1.14 it works perfectly.

But I got another problem now. It works perfectly in the test lab with the English version of windows2003 server, but the productive server is a Win2000Server German.

Do you anything about support of other languages? I guess this is a AD problem. probably they changed not only the interface language but the whole program.

regards,

Philipp
acartes
Honored Contributor

I am reluctant to blame this on the server language. It is probably caused by the W2K server configuration. Getting AD set up for Lights-Out integration has a few more steps than with W2K3. Consult the iLO Directory documentation for steps and procedures.

There is an excellent AD integration note whitepaper available as a resource:

http://www.hp.com/servers/lights-out
Follow "Technology papers" in the left column.
Follow "Remote Management"
Gorzkulla

I put an English Windows 2000 Server in the German Server Domain with the HP Schema Extender. Then I install the HP Snap-In Installer on this Server and it works. Now I├в m sure that the Schema Extender work, but the Snap-In Installer doesn├в t work with the German operating s
acartes
Honored Contributor

The snap-ins are English-only. This would affect the MMC.
Sumit Bhargava

I had exactly same issue. In my case I was suspecting an issue with Schema extention as well but the same operation worked from another server which happened to be a domain controller (this sounds strange but it worked in my case)
Halil Tulumbaci
Advisor

Hi Philipp,

have you found ans solutions?

Thanks.