1748104 Members
4623 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can i access to remote text console with standard ilo2 feature

hesam
Advisor

can i access to remote text console with standard ilo2 feature

i have dl380 g5 and i install debian on it my question is can i access to my server text console with ilo2 standard or i must buy advance feature for remote text console ?
8 REPLIES 8
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Virtual Serial Port is included in iLO2 standard. Connect to iLO with ssh and try the 'vsp' command. Which serial port you get with vsp is configured in the BIOS/RBSU.
hesam
Advisor

hi and Thanks for your reply you said that inorder to access OS text console with ilo2 standard , active virtual port via rbsu after that how can i assign my linux console replicate with virtual port
Thanks
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

hesam
Advisor

Thanks Micheal its very help full but something its very odd in ilo2 web interface i choose Remote Console -> Remote Serial Console
before activating ttys1 , it shows me console but when i type for example M in my keyboard it show me L in the monitor is it decode, what should i do ?

Thanks
Hesam
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Does the same happen when you connect to iLO directly with SSH (for example using PuTTY) and start VSP from there?
hesam
Advisor

hi , in ssh to ilo port after i type vsp the problem solved , when i reset my server i can see boot process , but i cant see my OS process it suddenly show login prompt i must install console ttyS1 ?
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Looks like the kernel boot parameters
console=tty0 console=ttyS1,115200
are missing. Put them into your GRUB or LILO configuration as described in the links above.
hesam
Advisor

Thanks Micheal Its Work , My grub file is grub2 , i want to create to different links in boot loader which i can switch to monitor and ilo port after 15 seconds its go to ilo port automatically but when i choose monitor my output display on monitor in that links says import :

serial --unit=1 --speed=15200
terminal --timeout=15 console serial
but the grub2 is so different with grub1 and menu.lst where should i put them do u have any idea ?