Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751687 Members
4671 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure RILOE I/II from server? Agents, Utility, Etc?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darren Z
Frequent Advisor

Configure RILOE I/II from server? Agents, Utility, Etc?

Can you configure a RILOE from the server? For example I have one server at a remote location the server is up and functioning (Windows) and the RILOE has a network cable plugged into it. The only issue is that the RILOE has not been configure with an IP address. Is there any way to configure it through an agent or utility? I would rather not have to go out to the remote location and hookup a mobile KVM unit.
3 REPLIES 3
cchoate
Frequent Advisor
Solution

You can configure both of them while the server is up. For a server with a riblo 1, there should be an applet in control panel called Remote Insight setup. If you don't have that you can take the cpqrib file I have attached here put it in the system32 directory, but you will have to reboot the server. You cannot remote into the remote server with terminal services for this to work correctly. You will need a console so you can remote in using Dameware, SMS remote, etc. If you try doing it through terminal services it will not work correctly and all the fields will show up blank.

In regards to changing the riblo2 and ILO while the server is running you have to download the online configuration utility and there are some sample xml scripts that you can use to change it. I have used all of them successfully. Here are the links to the online configuration utility.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/locate/20_5868.html

At the very bottom you will see the following:

HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility for Windows 2000/Server 2003

HP Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample for Windows

You will need both of these. Hope this helps.

Darren Z
Frequent Advisor

Excellent. I will check it out and report back if I have any issues.
cchoate
Frequent Advisor

rename that file attachment rib.cpl for whatever reason when I uploaded it it renamed it.