Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752810 Members
5854 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error when trying to manage certificates on iLO4 with HPEiLOCmdlets v. 2.0.0.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
e1pex
Frequent Visitor

Error when trying to manage certificates on iLO4 with HPEiLOCmdlets v. 2.0.0.1

Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest, Get-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest and Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo all fails with ERROR status on Proliant Gen8 and Gen9 Servers using the iLO 2.0.0.1 cmdlets.

The HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo contains the following info
Category Message AffectedAttribute
-------- ------- -----------------
FeatureSupportability Feature not supported. {}

The same code works on Gen10 (iLO5) servers and the corresponding cmdlets in the 1.5.0.0 codebase works on the Gen8 and Gen9 servers I've tried.

According to the Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell User Guide it should be supported?

8 REPLIES 8
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Re: Error when trying to manage certificates on iLO4 with HPEiLOCmdlets v. 2.0.0.1

Hi,

I think the customer might be using older version of iLO4 where support for REST may not be available. In 2.0.0.1 we changed the communication interface from RIBCL to REST protocol only for certificate cmdlets (affects only 3 cmdlets) and rest of the cmdlets in iLO4 still using RIBCL only.

If customer upgrades his iLO4 FW to latest i.e., 2.60 then it should work as I checked with latest FW version and its working. 

Let me know the result after upgrading FW.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

e1pex
Frequent Visitor

Hi Gokul,

I'm sorry, I should have written that I've tested on both 2.54, 2.55 and 2.60 versions of iLO4.

Here is the output from an Proliant Gen8 BL460c running iLO4 2.60 using the 2.0.0.1 version

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> $ilo=Connect-HPEiLO -IP somehostname.xxx.yy -Username user -Password pass -DisableCertificateAuthentication

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> $ilo

IP : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hostname : somehostname.xxx.yy
ConnectionType : RIBCL
DisableCertificateAuthentication : True
iLOGeneration : iLO4
iLOFirmwareVersion : 2,6
iLOResetWaitTimeout : 0
IsConnected : True
ServerFamily : ProLiant
ServerGeneration : Gen8
ServerModel : BL460c
Timeout : 30
Username : user

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> Get-HPEiLOFirmwareVersion -Connection $ilo

FirmwareDate : May 23 2018
FirmwareVersion : 2,60
ManagerType : iLO 4
IP : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hostname : somehostname.xxx.yy
StatusInfo :

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo -Connection $ilo

IP Hostname Status StatusInfo
-- -------- ------ ----------
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx somehostname.xxx.yy ERROR HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> (Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo -Connection $ilo).statusinfo

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest -Connection $ilo -State $State -Country $Country -City $City -Organization $Organization -OrganizationalUnit $OrganizationalUnit -CommonName somehostname.xxx.yy

IP Hostname Status StatusInfo
-- -------- ------ ----------
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx somehostname.xxx.yy ERROR HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> (Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo -Connection $ilo).statusinfo

Thanks,

Torbj├╢rn

rgb99
Trusted Contributor

Silly question, but can you confirm that you are in fact using version 2.0.0.1 of the HPEiLOCmdlet module?

PS D:\> Get-Command -module HPEiLOCmdlets |Select-Object -Property Name,Version |Select-String Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest,Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo

@{Name=Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo; Version=2.0.0.1}
@{Name=Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest; Version=2.0.0.1}
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I tried same set of cmdlets on BL460c Gen8 iLO4 FW 2.61 version using iLO 2.0.0.1 cmdlets all the working as desired.

You need to check your cmdlet version once again. If problem still persists send me the logs by using Enable-HPEiLOLog cmdlet before reproducing it.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

e1pex
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Version of cmdlets are 2.0.0.1  as you can se bellow,

PS D:\Scripts\ilo> Get-Command -module HPEiLOCmdlets |Select-Object -Property Name,Version |Select-String Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest,Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo

@{Name=Get-HPEiLOSSLCertificateInfo; Version=2.0.0.1}
@{Name=Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest; Version=2.0.0.1}

Gokul, I've sent you two messages wih the console output and the logfile.

Thanks,

Torbj├╢rn

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

What regional settings are you using on the system where you are running iLO cmdlets ?

If "Format" setting is other than English then kindly change it to English(United States) and try running the cmdlets again.

I suspsect that your regional settings is using comma (,) for decimal digits where as default English standard is full stop (.)

In your iLO firmware output i see 2,60 which is not default settings that we use.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

GokulKS
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

I reproduced the issue when anyone change the regional settings from English to any other Europen format like France.

We will address this issue in next release i.e., 2.1 which is coming around oct\nov timeframe.

Till then workaround is to set the regional settings format to English default and all certificate cmdlets will work.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

e1pex
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I can confirm that the cmdlets work when using a US locale (Set-Culture en-US).

Looking forward to the new release.

Thanks

Torbj├╢rn