5065 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: G3 DL380 Strange ILO access ...

Dany Boucher
Occasional Advisor

G3 DL380 Strange ILO access ...

Hi,

first of all sorry for my bad english writing its not my first language.

I hope you will understand the problem i curently have.

We have many Dl380 G3 servers we don't have any problem with the ILO access exept for 2

When we reach the page to login into the ILO interface (login.htm) its asking us for our user name and password .. normal

When we press Log In ... its search and searching and searching for the next page (ie_index.htm)

I have close the browser ... i retried but now i cannot access the ILO login page ... the browser is trying to connect to the ILO page without success ...

I have try with many browser, Internet Explorer (PC), Firefox (Mac), Safari (Mac), Netscape (Mac) ... all the same thing.

I also try with a another computer ... (just in case) same thing ... its now impossible to reach ILO ... i didnt get the login.htm page.

If we only reboot the server (power off power on) we getting back the login.html page ... BUT when we Log In, m never able to get the second page (ie_index.htm) its searching and searching....

I can ping the ILO IP without any problem, but im not longer able to access it with a web browser.

If im trying with SSH :

ssh user@ilo-host -p22

Its asking me for the password of the user, i entered the password ... and im waiting waiting waiting for the prompt .. the prompt never comes. I have never play with ILO trought SSH, i dont know if i do it corectly.)

I curious to see if someone have the solution for these problem ...

Its hard for me to play with these 2 servers, because the are in production.

Thaks for your time.

Dany Boucher
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

those servers have the latest ilo Firmware 1.91 or 1.92?

you can see that when server POST
anyway try updating Firmware for ilo, a good troubleshooting strep

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=397989&prodNameId=397991&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-a3d64497af4d4cdeb699c2edd3

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Dany Boucher
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I'm 100% sure these servers doesnt have the 1.92 version of ILO .. this version is too recent.

I have try an update and im sure im very wrong, but i cannot find the best way to proceed on the HP website.

I downloaded the file CP008488.scexe from :
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p308174093/v44421/

To the root directory of my server. I forgot to mention that im using CentOS 5.2

After the download i typed this command :
root@bart [~]# sh CP008488.scexe

And i got this error :
CP008488.scexe: line 96: ./flash_ilo: Permission denied

Do you have any idea ?

I'm not next to the server and they are in production, its a little more complicated to go on site and make the update in the front of the server

Thanks for your time and your answer.

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

well

the command you are using it's the one in hp, I am not very familiar with that but you can use virtual media scripting so download CD I linked and try

page 57
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf

regards
acartes
Honored Contributor

Weird behavior. iLO is not dead since the login page is presented.

I suggest reset iLO to defaults by accessing iLO RBSU during POST - press F8 to enter the iLO RBSU when prompted, and the File menu has a "reset to defaults" option.
Dany Boucher
Occasional Advisor

Hi acartes,

We just plug a KVM over IP on one of or server in problem ....

We made : "reset to defaults" option.

Now we are getting this message since 24 hours when we reboot the server at the POST :

ilo configuration is temporarily unavailable (2)

Now im really lost ... there is no way now to press F8

Thanks for your help !
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try this
- remove power cable for 1 -2 minutes and reset power supplies

- take the battery out turn on your server for 45 secs and turn it off and put battery back

regards
Dany Boucher
Occasional Advisor

Hi Karlo,

you was right .. i removed the battery for about 60 sec .. and ilo has been reset and everything is working again !!

Thanks for your help !!