Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752861 Members
4608 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult cmdlet returns Status ERROR StatusInfo HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

SOLVED
Go to solution
lulu62
Occasional Contributor

Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult cmdlet returns Status ERROR StatusInfo HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

Hello,

We have updated the iLO of our BL460c g8 and g9 to the latest version (2.61) and I noticed by chance that on some of them the iLO is reporting an issue with the Embedded Flash/SD-CARD.

I followed the steps in the following article to format the NAND and it works, I just need to reinstall Intelligent Provisioning but that's another story.
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

Now I'd like to use the Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult cmdlet to scan all our servers and identify which one still has the Embedded Flash/SD-CARD error.

The cmdlet doesn't seem to work.

When testing on one server this is the response I get:

IP Hostname Status StatusInfo
-- -------- ------ ----------
x.x.x.x myserverhostame ERROR HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

And when filtering on StatusInfo:

Category Message AffectedAttribute
-------- ------- -----------------
FeatureSupportability Feature not supported on iLO3 and iLO4. {}

I'm using the latest HPEiLOCmdlets 2.1.0.0 and iLO4 2.61

Any ideas why the cmdlet doesn't work on our servers? If this a iLO5 only feature?

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_J_K
HPE Pro

Re: Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult cmdlet returns Status ERROR StatusInfo HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

I doubt that "Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult" is included in 2.1.0.0

Please check : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00045033en_us

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
lulu62
Occasional Contributor

Re: Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult cmdlet returns Status ERROR StatusInfo HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

Yes it is.

PS C:\Users\xxx> Get-Command -Module HPEiLOCmdlets | where name -like *selftest*

CommandType Name Version Source
----------- ---- ------- ------
Cmdlet Get-HPEiLOSelfTestResult 2.1.0.0 HPEiLOCmdlets

Hema_H
HPE Pro

Hi,

This cmdlet is supported only on iLO 5 servers.

As returned by the StatusInfo object, it is not supported on iLO3 and iLO4 servers.

Similar message will be returned when the cmdlet is not supported on the respective server.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

GokulKS
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

This cmdlets is only supported on iLO5 because only redfish support is available from iLO.

This is what the error message of the output is stating that iLO3 and 4 its not supported. 

Check get-help of the cmdlet it says same thing. Please do check get-help for cmdlet to get basic information of supportability and in case of runtime execution of cmdlet Error message gives exact details of which platform its supproted.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo