4545 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO 3 and Terminal Services Pass-Through

kent as
Occasional Advisor

ILO 3 and Terminal Services Pass-Through

Hello HP developers!
Please tell me that you will give us back Terminal Services Pass-Through in an upcoming firmware release for ILO 3.

As a Windows administrator, no longer being able to copy text and files between multiple Remote Desktop windows, really makes your daily work a pain in theтАж

In my opinion, Terminal Services Pass-Through is one of the most brilliant features ever been made for server administration.

Thank you for your consideration.
7 REPLIES 7
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Kent,

ILO 3 does provide Terminal Services Pass-Through. however, as per quickspecs ILO 3 firmware 1.0 does not have this feature enabled.

So now you may try with latest firmware 1.15 (28 Oct 2010)

thanks,
aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

kent as
Occasional Advisor

That's great news aftab!

But how do you enable it? I've been running 1.15 since the day of release on our BL465 G7 servers and I'm still unable to install the HP iLO Pass-through Service for Microsoft Terminal Services.
I do have the iLO 3 Advanced for BladeSystem license is installed.

See attached screen dump for error message.

Thank you,
Kent As
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

I was told that the pass-through will be added in a future iLO3 release. No ETA yet.

Hi Kent,

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to enable terminal services passthrough? The iLO3 remote console is quite fast and responsive (much better than iLO2).

-Taha
G├╝nther Schmied
Occasional Advisor

As Kent said, he wants to copy and paste text between different windows. And with Passthrough you have the ability to have all your local drives available (a feature I'm missing all time and Virtual Media is only a makeshift). This is especially important, if you work with network settings - if not connected via iLO you lose connection and your work is lost.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Kent,

was going through the ILO 3 release notes and found that terminal services pass-through is no long required in ILO 3 and has been removed

check this out
Obsolete features
├в ┬в Terminal services pass-through (the iLO 3 Integrated Remote Console performance and
feature set removes the need for this service)
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02247309/c02247309.pdf

So this will not be available even with latest firmware.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

G├╝nther Schmied
Occasional Advisor

I also would like to get TS pass-through back again. But at least it would be nice to have the clipboard in IRC. The IRC performance is very good, but always to use virtual media, if I have to transfer something to the server, is a mess.