5602 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 4 firmware version 1.30 released

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO 4 firmware version 1.30 released

ENHANCEMENTS:

- System ROM, Chassis Manager, CPLD, and Power Mangement Controller firmware can be updated in the iLO 

web interface and via RIBCL scripts.
- IPv6 network communications (dedicated network connection only). In addition to the features supported in
   iLO 4 1.2x, the following features are supported
     - RIBCL/XML scripting
     - SNMPv3
- Additional IPv6 functionality was added to the iLO utilities.
- The following Server Power-On Delay options are available: 15, 30, 45, and 60 seconds.
- RIBCL can be used with Single Sign-On (SSO).
- New web server with improved performance and reliability.
- New SSH server with improved performance and reliability.
- The System Information > Memory page displays the HP part number for DIMMs.
- The supported size for Encoded Kerberos tickets increased to 16 KB.
- SNMP trap 9001 covers all server reset cases instead of only cases in which iLO governs the reset.
- SNMP Traps are sent if communication between iLO and Insight Remote Support or iLO and Insight Online fails.
- Improved download performance for the Active Health System log.

FIXES:

- A possible security vulnerability related to CVE-2013-4784 existed.
- The Integrated Remote Console (IRC) playback video could stop responding after recording.
- An incorrect entry was logged to the iLO Event Log when the IRC was launched to join a Shared Remote Console
  session.
- The iLO firmware replaced the server Real Time Clock (RTC) time with the iLO Network Time Protocol (NTP)
   time on every server reboot. The RTC is now set with the NTP time only when the server is plugged in and
   returns from an unpowered state.
- No SNMP alert was logged in HP SIM on failed iLO login attempts.
- The JAVA Integrated Remote console (JIRC) could not launch with HP SIM Single Sign On (SSO).
- The iLO SSH Server disconnected sessions during re-key operations.
- When importing new HP SSO certificates, a тАЬCertificate Could Not Be StoredтАЭ error might occur.
   (multi-user).
- The Integrated Remote Console (IRC) might not be able to play a Pre-failure video downloaded from a web server.
- Mismatched Power Supply entries in the Integrated Management Log (IML) were not repaired after the correct
  power supply was installed.
- The Event log failed to display the user name when Lock_Config was enabled.
- No XML Logout iLO Event Log entry is recorded when a user logged out via HPONCFG.
- No iLO Event Log entries are recorded when IPMI/DCMI is set to Enabled or Disabled by using
   Mod_Global_Settings.xml.
- No iLO Event Log entries are recorded when Directory settings are modified through the CLI and XML scripts.
- No CLI option is provided to change the SNMP port and the SNMP trap port.
- The Power-On Delay cannot be set to Minimum Delay or Random up to 120 seconds on the Server Power page.

Download from FTP:

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows x64
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1401725332/v80806

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows x86
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1267515540/v80805

Online ROM Flash Component for Linux
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1950562118/v80804

Honored Contributor

Awesome, thank you, especially for this:
- The System Information > Memory page displays the HP part number for DIMMs.

This will be really helpful!

dupre299
Advisor

Don't apply this !!!

There is a bug and it will render your Remote Console non-functional. After you apply this when you go into "Remote Console" on the left hand of the web page under it it says "Undefined".

HP - please correct this bug and re-release, otherwise people will be in catch-22's and not be able to get to their iLO to reflash (unless they know how to extract the .bin file from the Online Install .EXE and upload it manually using the Administration->Firmware page). Not a lot of people know how to find that .bin file, so if they cannot Remote Console back in to re-run the flash and they are in a remote site they are going to be ticked!

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Did you clear the browser cache after upgrading iLO firmware?

Sounds like issues I've seen in the past when I forget to clear the browser cache.

This is not something you should have to do. Dupree299 is Correct, HP needs to fix this. Fortunately I know how to extract the .bin file and was able to rollback to 1.22.  I did not have to clear the browser cache for it to work with this version.

dupre299
Advisor

It was the cache...as soon as I cleared the cache the issue went away. However, I agree with the poster who said this should not be necessary. I have never seen an iLO firmware upgrade where the cache had to be cleared before...so what is different on this one?

dupre299
Advisor

One positive, other than the bug I reported below, is that the IRC speed and responsiveness seems to definitely be improved.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

The cache issue has always been there. I've talked to the developers about automatically clearing the cache after firmware upgrade but, I'm told it is not easy to implement in the current iLO webserver.  There will be changes in a future release (next year) that will help to deal with stale content on webpages.

Hello,

I see some strange issues when using the 1.30 ILO4 firmware. It takes a very long time until the console window (Java) is opened compared to previous firmware versions.

My system is openSUSE 12.3 with Firefox 23.0 and Iced Tea Web Plugin 1.4. I measured how long it would take to open the console window after having clicked on the "Java" link for the console.

DL380 Gen8 ILO 4 1.30: 2min 15s

DL360 Gen8 ILO 4 1.10: 4s

DL380 Gen8 ILO 4 1.20: 4s

To rule out a Firefox issue, I also tried it with Chromium 30:

DL360 Gen8 ILO 4 1.10: 4s

DL380 Gen8 ILO 4 1.30: 2m 30s

Local browser caches have been emptied/deleted.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

thanks

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Do you have any iLO3 you can test real quick?  The Java Remote Console in iLO3 version 1.61 is exactly the same version that it is in iLO4 1.30.  

But in iLO4 1.30 we introduced a new webserver and SSL library. I'm wondering if the issue you are seeing is webserver related.