1748180 Members
4095 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLo terminal pass through won't install

RHagen_1
Advisor

iLo terminal pass through won't install

I rebuilt a DL360 G3 with 2003 std R2-sp2 and updated the ilo firmware to 1.91, installed the drivers and when I tried to run the passthrough service package, either sp006197 or cp007077, the installfails with the message "could not start hplopts services check to see if you have sufficient privleges" while using the local administrator user account (with nothing changed... did sp2 change the local admin install privleges or is there some other issue
10 REPLIES 10
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: iLo terminal pass through won't install

RHagen_1
Advisor

Thanks... yes the ilo drivers were installed (sp006197) but did not use the net framework.. but it's either or ?

I did follow the prerequisites..
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

sorry what do you mean by "but it's either or ?" ?

do you have the framework?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Suggest you to install
Microsoft .NET Framework, version 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0. and give a try, it may be the issue.
Tom Parker_1
Advisor

I am having this problem too, but I have an unpleasant workaround. I have RDP enabled by group policy. When the passthrough service tries to start I get this in the event log:

The Passthrough Service could not be started. You must install Terminal Services or enable Remote Desktop.

So if I remove the Group Policy and enable RDP locally, this problem goes away. Problem is, I don't want to enable RDP locally as this subverts the whole pupose of group policy.

Seems like the service has a BUG in its detection algorithm and a patch needs to be issued.

Is this the same thing you are experiencing?
Craig Slough
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Did anyone get any further on this. I seem to be having the same issue. Drivers are update, Net Framework is installed, but when i go to install patch cp007077.exe - Tries to install then fails, in event view i get

The Passthrough Service could not be started. You must install Terminal Services or enable Remote Desktop.

RDC is enabled, tested and working? This is applied via group policy

Many Thanks

Craig
Palekafa
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem. When RDP is enabled via a GPO, the service will not install ( i get the above error ). If i disable that policy and manually enable RDP on a server, the service installs OK. Still have not found a way to make this work when applying via GPO. Anyone had any joy?
Craig Slough
Occasional Contributor

I did have joy, but i needed to install Termninal Server and the Terminal license on that machine. Once that was install and running then the ilo2 service installed and was able to RDC in.

Palekafa
Occasional Advisor

Hmmm thats a bit overkill for me just to make ilo passthrough work. I dont want to have to be installing terminal services on 400+ servers of which some are clusters etc etc.

Hope there is another way. I might just try taking the group policy off and forcing all servers to update their policy. Then re-apply the same policy and see what happens.