6481 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Import-HPEiLOCertificate Status ERROR

Adis_S
Advisor

Import-HPEiLOCertificate Status ERROR

Hi,

Importing the Base64-encoded X.509 certificate with Import-HPEiLOCertificate give me the Status ERROR without not much information. And Certificate is not imported, but this CMDLets is needed to automatisation script.

Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $connection -Certificate $cert1 -Verbose
VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Import-HPEiLOCertificate" on target "IP: 1XX.XX.XX.XXX".
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate] Executing the cmdlets with 1 task serially.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Creating web request.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Writting request stream.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Getting web response.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Processing RIBCL response.

IP            Hostname                     Status StatusInfo                 
--            --------                     ------ ----------                 
1XX.XX.XX.XXX esx01.xxx  ERROR HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

Taking same Certificate and pasting into iLO4 (Administration -> Security -> SSL Certificate -> Customize Certificate -> Import Certificate ) works fine.

I used also Enable-HPEiLOLog but I don't see any errors there. Here is part of log:

HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][CreateWebRequest]: Begin
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][CreateWebRequest]: Creating web request.
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][CreateWebRequest]: Posting ribcl payload to https://esx01.xxx/ribcl
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][CreateWebRequest]: Writting request stream.
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][CreateWebRequest]: End
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][BuildCommand]: RIBCL command: <RIBCL VERSION="2.30">
<LOGIN USER_LOGIN="XXXXX" PASSWORD="XXXX">
  <RIB_INFO MODE="write">
    <IMPORT_CERTIFICATE>-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</IMPORT_CERTIFICATE>
      <RESET_RIB />
    </RIB_INFO>
  </LOGIN>
</RIBCL>
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][BuildCommand]: End
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][SendCommand]: Begin
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][SendCommand]: Getting web response.
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][SendCommand]: End
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][ProcessResponse]: Begin
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][ProcessResponse]: Processing RIBCL response.
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][ProcessRIBCLResponse]: Begin
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][ProcessRIBCLResponse]: Checking for RIBCL errors in the response and creating the error object if any.
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][ProcessRIBCLResponse]: End
HPE.Framework.Logging.Logger.LogMessage INFO - [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx][ProcessResponse]: End

I am using:  HPEiLOCmdlets 2.1.0.0 and the iLO4 have Firmware version 2.61

iLO4 have currenlty HPE self-signed Certificate and I would like to replace it with the new Certificate signed by Microsoft CA which is used in house. The CSR was generated with Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest.

5 REPLIES 5
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Re: Import-HPEiLOCertificate Status ERROR

Hi,

Can you tell me how you are reading the content of certificate from the external file. i.e., from $cert1.

Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $connection -Certificate $cert1 -Verbose

I suspect that while doing get-content from certificate file  you should have missed -raw option. Try that i hope it should solve the issue if the certificate is valid. Refer Import-HPEiLOCertificate cmdlets Get-Help.

$cert1 = Get-Content -Raw -Path "<<Path of certficate>>"

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Adis_S
Advisor

@GokulKS

I do use -Raw option by reading the content of the certificate file and the $cert1 does have same content as when I open the Certificate file with Notepad++, and it is base64-encoded X.509 Certificate.

$cert1 = Get-Content -Path "$scriptpath\$shorthost.cer" -Raw

I also tried as in Import-HPEiLOCertificate exmaples (help)

$cert = @"
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
....my certificate file copy/paste
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
"@

Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $connection -Certificate $cert -Verbose

But I get again Status: ERROR and Certificate is not imported. Weird that there is no other Error message, not in Console or over HPELOLog function.

Adis_S
Advisor

I found in Import-HPiLOCertificate Help also an Parameter "-OutputType" and I used RawResponse and get Error message "Invalid certificate common name" . But as I wrote same certificate can be imported to iLO4 using webgui without problem.

-OutputType RawResponse

PS C:\> Import-HPEiLOCertificate -Connection $connection -Certificate $cert1 -OutputType RawResponse -Verbose
VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Import-HPEiLOCertificate" on target "IP: 1XX.XXX.XXX.XXX".
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate] Executing the cmdlets with 1 task serially.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Creating web request.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Writting request stream.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Getting web response.
VERBOSE: [Import-HPEiLOCertificate][esx01.xxx]: Processing RIBCL response.
Target: esx01.xxx
URL: https://esx01.xxx/ribcl
ContentType: text/xml
Response: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RIBCL VERSION="2.23">
<RESPONSE
    STATUS="0x0000"
    MESSAGE='No error'
     />
</RIBCL>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RIBCL VERSION="2.23">
<RESPONSE
    STATUS="0x0000"
    MESSAGE='No error'
     />
</RIBCL>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RIBCL VERSION="2.23">
<RESPONSE
    STATUS="0x0000"
    MESSAGE='No error'
     />
</RIBCL>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RIBCL VERSION="2.23">
<RESPONSE
    STATUS="0x0041"
    MESSAGE='Invalid certificate common name'
     />
</RIBCL>

Ist this the "Subject" from the Certificate? It does look ok, and this (expect CN=) have all certificate in house.

certutil -dump shorthost.cer
Subject:
    CN=esx01.xxx.some-domain.at
    OU=IT
    O=some-domain
    L=City
    S=City
    C=at
  Name Hash(sha1): XXXX
  Name Hash(md5): XXXX
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

The error what you are getting is from iLO server and you need to check with iLO team on below error.

Invalid certificate common name'

I suspect "-" in the CN could be the issue which cmd line is not accepting but Web GUI. ( HPQLOCFG tool we use internally to send RIBCL xml request to iLO server). To confirm iLO issue you can download the HPQLOCFG tool and provide the signed certificate to iLO server to confirm its an iLO issue. But PowerShell cmdlets has nothing to do with this error. Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Adis_S
Advisor

@GokulKS

How can it be iLO4 issue if the Import over iLO4 self does work by coping content of Certificate file and pasting into iLO4 egg:  iLO4 (Administration -> Security -> SSL Certificate -> Customize Certificate -> Import Certificate ) .