1752278 Members
4911 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: KVM option in LOM100c web interface has vanished

sportq
Occasional Contributor

KVM option in LOM100c web interface has vanished

I recently upgraded to the latest BIOS and LOM releases for the ML115G5 and now the KVM option in the LOM web interface is missing. I've tried several OS and browser combinations but none works.

Strangely, I sometime ssee it briefly as the page refreshes but it vanishes. I also tried navigating to the sub page it used to be on directly with http://<lom_ip>/kvms.html (it was cached in my browser history) and all I get is a blank page.

Any ideas?

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

LOM? I think that's the name of the remote console feature of some Sun hardware; on a ML115G5, I think you mean LO100c instead.

Sounds like the code embedded in the web interface of the new LO100c firmware checks the capabilities of your browser, and the browser fails some of the checks.

You should check the firmware release notes for updated browser version requirements, and make sure your browser fulfills them.

It might also be caused by the security settings of your browser. If you're using IE, perhaps a domain administrator has applied some security policy that now blocks some functionality required by the KVM option?

MK
sportq
Occasional Contributor

Yes, LO100c not LOM.

I've tried at least a dozen combinations of OS (XP,MacOSX and Linux), Browser (IE,Firefox and Safari) and Java (1.4,1.5 and 1.6) all are exactly the same. And as I said, this wasn't a problem until I upgraded the BIOS and LO firmware recently. I know for a fact that XP on my Acer netbook showed the option as did a Macbook Pro (though virtual media never worked on on that platform, unsurprisingly).

Peter