Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753560 Members
6216 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LO100i DL145g3 static IP - doesnt work

jmyers

LO100i DL145g3 static IP - doesnt work

I have a Proliant DL-145g3. I have setup lo100i at my lab using dhcp. In this configuration i was able to see the web interface and ping the IP. Once i carried the newly tested server to our data center i wanted to switch it to STATIC addressing. I have the following settings set.
IP: 10.0.8.90
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.8.1

But static mode does not work at all. I cannot ping the ip, nor get to the web interface from the same segment(same switch). I have swapped ports. Swapped cables. I have even plugged in a reverse cable to a laptop to make sure it was autonegotiating. Both in the Lab and Data center we use 10/100mbit switches. This is NOT a typo as i have tried it multiple times, and had 3 other colleagues check my work. I have updated the bios and the IPMI/BMC to 2.21 ROMPAQ.

Is this a bug in the bios gui?
Does Static mode just not work?
I dont see any reason why i cannot have a 255.255.255.0 subnet. What am i doing wrong. PLEASE HELP!

I have setup numerous remote configurations and on the surface this looks very easy. But it just doesn't work.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

were you able to fix that issue?

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
jmyers

Yes, apparently the hp setup document says to set ipmi to UMP, but that is wrong. you need to set it to NIC.