1748051 Members
5297 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE II & Server Name

TStinnett
Occasional Contributor

RILOE II & Server Name

RILOE displays a server name that is different than what is in "Computer Name". I don't see anywhere in RILOE configuration to change this. Do I need to reset the RILOE? Is the server name RILOE reports somewhere in the ROM configuration on the server?
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

RILOE/iLO get the name of the host from the drivers in the host OS. Once set, if the host name subsequently changes and the drivers aren't running, RILOE isn't communicated the change.

Make sure you have the most recent ProLiant Support Pack loaded and running on your system.
TStinnett
Occasional Contributor

What about uninstalling and re-installing the driver with the SmartStart CD?
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Make sure the management agents are loaded, too.
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. Our same problem as you have was fixed by running the Management Agents install again. Once done the issues went away.. Here is the link for Windows 2000/2003

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18538.html
N Vivegananthan

Have tested and confirmed that the HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Server 2003 re-installation does solve this issue but the server requires a reboot after installation to take effect

Is this procedure diffent for non-Windows installations? I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, and re-installing the ProLiant Support Pack does not change the name of the server as reported from the iLO web interface.

--Karl

Removing and re-installing the hprsm corrected my problem on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. Apparently, hprsm isn't installed in the correct order in Proliant Support Pack 7.0 for RHEL3, so not all of the hprsm is functional without first removing it and re-installing.