108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RiLOE II does not show up in HPSMH

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karoly Vaczko
Occasional Advisor

RiLOE II does not show up in HPSMH

I have an ML350 G4 server that we installed W2K3 SBS R2 server onto. Then it came to my mind that we have a RiLOE II board, so we installed it as well into the server.

All functions are working properly, but the RiLOE II board does not show in SMH at the Management Processor section, it shows -none- .

Before installing the OS to the server, all necessary firmware upgrades were done with Firmware Maintenance CD 7.90, the OS installation was done with SmartStart 7.80. Then, a PSP 7.90 was applied.

After installation of the RiLOE II, a firware upgrade was done with the same 7.90 CD for the board.

I tried then to run PSP 7.90 again, but still SMH does not report the RiLOE II board. The server (therefore the agents) was rebooted a few times during the trials.

Any ideas how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Karoly
11 REPLIES 11
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Karoly,

Please Install Web-enabled System Management Software from :

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/Server/us/download/22728.html

Regards,
James.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Karoly Vaczko
Occasional Advisor

Sujith,

It seems that all drivers are in place. I searched for Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition and for ML 350G4 on the web. I downloaded all RiLOE II related drivers, conf utils, etc. and reapplied them (although all installers were notifying me that the driver/software is already istalled and is up-to-date). Still no appearance of Management processor.

Acartes,

The first thing I did was to check out the compatible slot matrix.

As I said in the first post, the RiLOE II board itself works fine. I have all management functions, just it does not show up in HPSMH. Other interesting issue is that the RiLOE II web interface shows nothing for the server name.

And one more thing. I repeated the same procedure on an ML 350G3 server. It had Windows 2000 Professional installed already (firmware CD 7.90, Smartstart 7.8, PSP 7.9) when I added the RiLOE II and the result is exactly the same: no Management Processor in HPSMH and the server name in the RiLOE II web interface is blank.

I'm completely lost. :(

Karoly
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Make sure you have the IP's for your RIloe's in the discovery list.
Karoly Vaczko
Occasional Advisor

Rancher,

Can you please explain in details?

Thanks,

Karoly
Rancher
Honored Contributor

There are a couple of things you can check, depending on how your have your discovery configured.
Go to Options, Discovery, and then select COnfigure General Settings. Make sure Management Processor is checked.
On that same page, under System Automated Discovery, select Edit. In the Inclusion ranges list, make sure the IP of your Riloe II is included.
One more thing to look at is on the server (with the Riloe) itself. Log onto the server
and go to Start, Control Panel, HP Management Agents. Make sure that Remote Insight Information is listed under the Active Agents.
Dave.
Valued Contributor

When logged into RiLOE II, check the bottom of the Global Settings page, under the Administration TAB. This is titled Configure Insight Manager 7 Integration but may help with your SMH issue. If it is set to None, change to Medium. The SMH or the agents may need to be restarted to see the change.
Regards, Dave
Karoly Vaczko
Occasional Advisor

Rancher,

Actually, I was referring to Systems Management Homepage, not SIM. Anyway, I have HPSIM as well, and the Management Processor is present as well as the server itself. However, unlike for instance my blade servers with embedded iLO, the management processor and the server is not associated in HPSIM. Most probably for the same reason why I have the problem with SMH itself.

Dave,

Thanks for the tip. The setting you've suggested was on High. I set it to Medium, restarted the SNMP service (that restarted also its HP Agents dependencies) then restarted HPSMH service. Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

Thanks for the replies from both of you, but I still have the same issue. I'm going to try to install a similar HP ML350 G4 next week from the scratch that I put already a RiLOE II before installing W2K3 Server and let you know. If you have any more suggestions I'm more than happy to try them.

Best regards,

Karoly
Karoly Vaczko
Occasional Advisor

Rancher,

About this:

" One more thing to look at is on the server (with the Riloe) itself. Log onto the server
and go to Start, Control Panel, HP Management Agents. Make sure that Remote Insight Information is listed under the Active Agents."

I can see only Event Notifier Config, Event Notifier Help and HP System Management Homepage icons only in the list. Maybe the problem lies here?

But, as said, after physical installation od the RiLOE II board, I applied PSP 7.90 again in order that the necessary drivers for the board are loaded into the OS, and it is fine as long as the RiLOE II board functions (Virtual Media, Remote desktop, etc.) are concerned. The Device Manager shows the RiLOE II board hardware correctly and I have no unknown or exclamation marked devices in Device Manager.

Best regards,

Karoly