1751878 Members
5406 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOE vs iLO RIBCL issues

Robert Berrie
Occasional Contributor

RILOE vs iLO RIBCL issues

A few wish list items if someone does not know an alternate method of making them work:

1) Would like to be able to run the same ADD_USER script on both iLO and RILOE II cards. Currently when creating a user, the config privilege cannot be assigned because the iLO expects CONFIG_ILO_PRIV and the RILOE expects CONFIG_RILO_PRIV. Can we *please* have a single CONFIG_RIB_PRIV command? If the user is created as an administrator, then the point is moot as self-modification is possible.

2) When creating a user on a RILOE II card, it *requires* that the LOGIN_PRIV parameter be set to "yes" before the account is usable. The iLOs tend to terminate when encountering the LOGIN_PRIV keyword. Can we either support the keyword or ignore it (like it ignores several other parameters that it no longer supports)?

3) Can we have a method of telling the RIB (iLO/RILOE) to ignore errors and apply everything that it can understand (instead of completely terminating at the first thing it doesn't know how to handle)?

4) A more robust scripting language that allows some logic to be embedded in the commands would be nice. Even if we simply turn CPQLOCFG.EXE into an object and expose it to Windows Scripting, REXX, etc. Then the errors could be handled in a more automated fashion rather than manually scanning a log to glean successes and failures. Anyone know how to capture and log only failures? I have 1000+ servers on which I am attempting to automate the maintenance. (And please CIM 7 SP2 is not better at automating the user creation/deletion/password changing than the commandline script is).

The use of Active Directory for group maintenance and user validation/access is not currently allowed in the environment, otherwise that would solve quite a few of the issues.

Thanks,

-Robert
5 REPLIES 5
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: RILOE vs iLO RIBCL issues

Robert,

Try the new cpqlocfg to see if that would help. http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/locate/69_5868.html#4

Click the link 'HP Lights-Out Configuration Utility' Ver 2.22, and there are also some new sample scripts that should work across with all the latests Lights out firmware with the same script.
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. The new samples are a "little better" but still do not solve the issue with the add users command as the iLO and RILO's use seperate comman statements. Other areas are not the same either for the Network Setup as well.

I wish HP would unify the two to use the same xml commands across the boards as we now have to keep seperate ones for iLO and RILO;s unless we want to start messing with the xmp scripts allot...
Robert Berrie
Occasional Contributor

BWC,

I am already utilizing the 2.22 version of the CPQLOCFG.exe util. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the latest build though. If you know of any other tools for the RIB cards that will work in the Windows environment, please share. I'll be willing to give them a try as well.

Thanks
-Robert
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetigs. Another item that is helpful in the deployment of iLO and RILO's etc os the HPQLOMIG utility. IT is a very quick to deploy the firware update quickly in your environment....

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/20226.html

Our company at this time too does not allow the above tool to help us in AD rolllouts....
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Robert, we do scan the forums for suggestions and I will pass yours on. No promises though but maybe it can be made to work a little smoother. Thanks again for your comments.