Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748073 Members
5425 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Status Unknown : RILO I Firmware Upgrade 2.52

Keith Satchell

Status Unknown : RILO I Firmware Upgrade 2.52

Hello, after upgrading from version 2.41 or 2.5x to 2.52 of the RILO (original) boards, Insight Manager 7 SP2 can no longer monitor the status of the Management Processor.

No configuration changes have taken place other than the firmware update, hence, SNMP/server agents are the same. Anyone aware of a similar problem with firmware version 2.52?

Cheers,
Keith Satchell
8 REPLIES 8

Yes we have experienced the same. Every single RIOLE G1 card we upgraded was set to unknown.

Jeg er her
Stephen Jones_3
Occasional Advisor

Also having this problem with RILO G1 on Proliant 6400, ML370, CL1850.

Any ideas???
Keith Satchell

Upgrade from Insight Manager 7 SP2.0 to SP2.3 has not resolved issue either. Still experiencing issue.
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

Also have this problem.
Restarting the agents on the server sometimes helps for a while.

I see that in the new networkconfig of the rib you must set the ipadres of the agents-server instead of the name. Don't know of this helps forgood yet.
Keith Satchell

Firmware v2.53 has fixed the problem, I have upgraded 3 of our RILOE-1 boards 7 days ago and all are still showing normal.

I found that running the Device Identification Task on v2.52 would enable the device to be shown for upto 24 hours, but it would soon disappear back to 'unknown'

John Smith_40

Hi,

Could you care to tell me from where did you get this patch? I've tried to search through HP sites, but every single firmware is for RILO edition II.
acartes
Honored Contributor

From the following page:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/index.html

First, select "Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition" as the product, then pick the OS.
John Smith_40

Thanks! It was a bit confusing that this firmware couldn't be found under Linux (my RILO card is in Linux server), I only found it under Windows 2003...