Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748156 Members
3937 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating iLO FW using HPONCFG

CoreyC

Updating iLO FW using HPONCFG

I'm currently attempting to script out a lot of the iLO configuration processes with the intention that the script will be run every time a server goes through our build process.

My question is if I can have the in the same XML file as my other iLO configuration commands? Reading in the scripting manual it says that updating the firmware will cause the iLO to reset automatically but I'm not sure if HPONCFG is intelligent enough to pause the processing of the XML until the iLO is available again.

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience they can share?

Worst case I'll just split the configuration into two XML files, but if it can be done the preference is to have everything in one.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Updating iLO FW using HPONCFG

It depends.

In all cases, you should not put script commands after a command that causes the processor to reset. (Reset-inducing commands include firmware updates as well as network settings changes).

However, you could put the UPDATE_RIB_FIRMWARE command after a command that, for example, creates a user account.

Splitting up the scripts into separate invocations may be acceptable as well. They will need an appropriate delay in-between in the event that an iLO processor is reset.
CoreyC

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks for the sanity check!
CoreyC

As I suspected, I will need to split my configuration into two scripts; the first to update the firmware and the second to configure the iLO.