Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML equivalent for "Remote Console Port Configuration"?

Highlighted

XML equivalent for "Remote Console Port Configuration"?

Hi All-

We're getting new DL-series machines with the 1.41 iLO firmware. This firmware release is not setup to accept telnet by default. The 2 settings that need to be changed are:

Remote Console Port Configuration = Enabled
Remote Console Encryption = Disabled

The encryption setting is in the XML guide as

However, there's no setting for the Port Configuration. Does anyone know how to set that via XML? We're getting a large quantity of these systems, so manually setting this via the web UI is not an option for us.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: XML equivalent for "Remote Console Port Configuration"?

Matt,

I usually try a CPQLOCFG "read" command when I need to see undocumented values. Can you try that and see if it returns what you want?
Highlighted

Yikes, that's a DOS tool! We're all Linux, and this is an isolated network, so it's tough to get a workstation on it (but it can be done if needed).

I can try sending a GET_GLOBAL_SETTINGS command using my perl tools to send XML to the iLO ports. Do you know if that's the same as the CPQLOCFG "read" command?

Thanks.
Highlighted

Ah, I think I'm getting somewhere. The GET_GLOBAL_SETTINGS showed a param called "REMOTE_CONSOLE_PORT_STATUS". I tried setting that with a value="Enabled", and it barfed with the error "The report console port status value specified is invalid. Values supported are 0,1,2 or 3."

Now I just need to figure out what those map to...
Highlighted

As it turns out, setting the following got my telnet working with the iLO 1.41 firmware: