Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1758577 Members
1935 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Administrator's password problem in HP System Management version 6.40 web access

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eleonora_2

Administrator's password problem in HP System Management version 6.40 web access

Hi,
i've a problem about the administrator's password, i forgot it and it's the single user that i've configured on.
The password for all my Hp Proliant DL 570 G2 is the same.
How can i reset or change password?
Thanks a lot!
Eleonora
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin van Londen
Valued Contributor

Re: Administrator's password problem in HP System Management version 6.40 web access

Eleonora,

Remove the c:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl and put the same file from another server in that location. Than you have the same passwords again.

Grtx,
Erwin
https://erwinvanlonden.net
Neysters, Lutz
Frequent Advisor

Re: Administrator's password problem in HP System Management version 6.40 web access

after copying don't forget to restart the HP services (easiest restart snmp service). Good luck you don't have to reboot ...
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

If it is the same for them all and you no longer have that password then you need to configure the software agent and redeploy it.

If you have the 6.40A Support Pack downloaded, run the setup.exe to fire up the RDU.
You can now configure the Agent details, once done you can deploy taht agent using the utility to a targetted Server.
Once done, you can then copy the file from the updated Server as noted above to the remaining Servers.
Eleonora_2

Passwords are the same, so i'll configure software agent and redeploy it.
Thanks a lot.
Eleonora