5490 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Agentless monitoring of a MS NLB doesn't work

Alain_HPSIM
Occasional Contributor

Agentless monitoring of a MS NLB doesn't work

I have the following problem :

There are 2 servers : serverX and serverY (both HP ProLiant DL380 Gen8). The management processors of these servers were named as serverXilo and serverYilo. Both machines are running with Win2K8 Server and were configured as a Microsoft NLB. Only the HP ProLiant Agentless Management Service is running. There are no HP insight or HP WMI storage providers services configured. In both ILO’s Agentless management was configured and in Insight Management Integration the respective hostnames are filled out in the SMH field.

We are using HP SIM v7.2. As soon as I do a discovery of serverXilo and serverYilo, one management processor is associated to the right server (serverXilo has an association with serverX) and the other management processor makes a wrong association (serverYilo gets an association with serverX instead of serverY). When I remove all the nodes, and I start with serverY, the serverYilo is associated with serverY but for serverXilo it does go wrong (points to serverY). Several times I tried new discoveries but always the same result.

I haven’t the possibility to switch off the NLB service in order to do a new discovery. Do I have to use the WBEM/SNMP insight agents as before ?