1910 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AppStorWin32Agent service terminated unexpectedly

GarethE
Advisor

AppStorWin32Agent service terminated unexpectedly

Hi,

I have a problem with a W2K3 server where the AppStorWin32Agent service fails to start on server start-up / reboot.
Checking the cxws.log, we find this:
"WrapperSimpleAppMain MappingProvider - Self discovery failed for win32 agent"

Once the server is up, if we try to start the service manually, it starts with no problems.
This is a Proliant BL465c G6 running Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2 R2 x64.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

Gareth
4 REPLIES 4
Hobbes_2
Advisor

What are the service's dependencies? Maybe another service is slow coming up and causing it to fail. You could try and set the service's recovery settings to restart it.
GarethE
Advisor

Hi Hobbes,

The service (as was) didn't have any dependencies listed - but the log seemed to suggest it was quite reliant on Java components.

Therefore, I tried making the service dependent on the "Java Quick Starter" service - and that seems to have worked.

Does that sound feasible to you?

G
Hobbes_2
Advisor

That is very possible. It is also possible that just the extra time it takes waiting for that service to start is the answer. It's just a timing thing and whatever you do to fix it will work.
GarethE
Advisor

Hi Hobbes,

Yes, that's true. I will endeavour to find out what the correct service dependency is and will post it here if I find it... but if you or anyone else finds it first, feel free to post it first - and maybe save me some time :-).

Thanks,

G