7214 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't replicate snmp settings through SIM

Alp Konakkuran
Occasional Advisor

Can't replicate snmp settings through SIM

Hello,
We have HP Proliant DL360 G6 servers win2k3 with PSP 8.30 on them. We are running HP SIM 5.2.

My issue is when I am trying to replicate agent settings through SIM, the option to replicate snmp settings do not show. This used to show as "HP Foundation Agent" after choosing the source system. Now the option is not even there. Only "HP System Management Homepage" and "HP Version Control Agent". I have attached a pic.

Before all the servers were running win2k and PSP 7.8 and we had no issues with replicating the snmp settings through SIM.

All the snmp settings are correct, set with the right community string, read/write and accept connections from the SIM box.
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You should really consider upgrading to a later version of HPSIM.
I know that's not much of an answer, but there will be more ability for people here to help with the later version.

You will start to encounter problems with the older version of SIM and its compatibility with new servers and PSPs.
Alp Konakkuran
Occasional Advisor

Yes, we will be upgrading to 6.2 this year, but I need this functionality so I can point all the client servers to the new boxes.
I also tried this on a SIM box running 6.2 and same issue.
Also when one of the client servers are upgraded to PSP 8.60, and when I use that box as the source during agent replication, I get the functionality back.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not sure in SIM 5.3, under SIM 6.2 there's an ability to Configure Or Repair Agents.
The ability to configure SNMP characteristics is here, the section to replicate Agent Settings is confined to things like the SMH and VC.
Alp Konakkuran
Occasional Advisor

Yes, there is a way to replicate the SNMP agents from one source client to multiple clients. Pretty much anything in the SNMP service tab can be replictated but it is not available under some circumstances.
This is what I am trying to figure out.
Thanks
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Depends on the managed system - if wbem providers are installed I believe the RAS task will not display the SNMP Agent options.

I suggested at one time that engineering consider making a default menu to include both providers and agents selections since many environments include both with agents being primary due to other tool integration.
Alp Konakkuran
Occasional Advisor

Here is the support doc that HP infomed me about this issue. FYI.
thanks
alp

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01859414тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3896111&prodTypeId=3709945