Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753424 Members
5149 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Checking the version of HP System Insight Manager from Database.

Johan Sugiarto

Checking the version of HP System Insight Manager from Database.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to check the installed version of HP System Insight manager from the Database?

If so, how would the query look like?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Johan
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Not really. You couldn't do it with a query, but if you knew schema changes in each version you could kinda work out a minimum level, but that would be limited to a major/minor revision level (i.e. no service pack info). I say minimum level, because every release doesn't impose schema changes. In other words, you might be able to conclude that it was a minimum level of 1.1 based on the look of the schema, but if 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 didn't impose any schema changes, you couldn't be exact.

What is the purpose?
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

not really from database but u can run command: mxversion
read from file msversion.props under sim/config folder.
yeah! whats the purpose?
Johan Sugiarto

Hi,

I am trying to implementation of an integration platform which basically used to pull data from HP System Insight manager.

The interface will allow to switch between versions, however the version checking at the moment is being done automatically via query, i.e. I have the ability to set the query to check the version.

So I guess there is no way to check the version at the moment unless I pay attention to the DB Schema changes between versions.