1756482 Members
3043 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure or Repair Agents: READ_WRITE Community

G Edwards
Advisor

Configure or Repair Agents: READ_WRITE Community

I am using the Configure or Repair Agents SNMP options to "Set traps to refer to this instance of HP Systems Insight Manager" and to set the READ community name.

When it does this it also automatically creates a randomly named READ_WRITE community on the target server, if one does not already exist.

The problem is that the target servers already have a valid READ_CREATE community which makes the new READ_WRITE community redundant.

Is there a way to disable the creation of the READ_WRITE community?
2 REPLIES 2
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

The READ_WRITE string will be set if it determines that there is no read_write or read_create string present so that the agents will function (they need this to talk to each other). Also, if you don't have localhost set on that read_create string, I think it will create the read_write and set to localhost. Might want to doublecheck that.
G Edwards
Advisor

i'm ut of the office at the moment but, I'm fairly sure that the existing READ_CREATE community is configured to localhost and the newly created READ_WRITE community is not configured to send traps to any host.

I should add that it is HP SIM5.0 SP2 running on W2K3 Server. Target servers are also running W2K3 and version 7.00 management agents.