Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1747980 Members
3807 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Could not start MxAgent, MxDTF, and MxDomainManager when Starting SIM Service

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

Could not start MxAgent, MxDTF, and MxDomainManager when Starting SIM Service

We had the new version of SIM up and running well. Now everytime we attempt to start the service we receive an event log message stating could not start MxAgent, MxDTF, and MxDomainManager (each as a consecutive message). I don't see anything new in the HP logs. Any ideas?

Tim
7 REPLIES 7
Solution

Re: Could not start MxAgent, MxDTF, and MxDomainManager when Starting SIM Service

I had the same problem. There was a file on the root of my OS (in my case, Windows 2000) that was called 'program'. This is being confused with 'Program Files' and the system is looking under c:\program for the necessary files. I also recieved an error message when trying to start the services that it was a not windows 32 application. Delete the file 'program' and try restarting your SIM service.
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

Thank you man, you are exactly correct. Thanks for the fast response.

Tim
Mark Ludgate
Occasional Advisor

Russell,

Thanks for this info we had the same problem.
Any idea where that file program come from?

Mark
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

My "Program" file was created by following HP instructions. Let me explain. When you look at HP's instructions for creating the passwd file for use with OpenSSH they basically have you echo the mkpasswd command to the passwd file use the DOS >> feauture. I copied and pasted without reviewing and in their example they don't have quotation marks around the long path/file name. Therefore DOS stopped at the first space which is the space between program and files. It basically created the passwd file in the file named program in the root of the directory.

Tim
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

As was mine, same mistake, same result in OpenSSH.

Using OpenSSH to run tasks on the CMS machine has caused me quite a bit of grief.

Matt Villano

I was having the same problem, this article saved me.

THANKS!
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Saved me too.