1747990 Members
4840 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Duplicate entries in Software/Firmware Baselines view

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Duplicate entries in Software/Firmware Baselines view

I have duplicate entries in my Software/Firmware Baselines view.  For example I see 10 instances of "HP Service Pack for Proliant" version 2013.02.00.  I have tried rebuilding the VCRM to no avail.  Doing some research I found the table "SWFWBaselines" is tied somehow to this view.  That table shows all the duplicates and oddly does NOT have a primary key.  Now I am not a DBA, but I am assuming this is bad and is probably what is partially causing this problem.  Is this a bug in the SIM schema for SIM 7.2?  Should it have a primary key on that table?

Can anyone else verify that they are the same problem with 7.2?  Are there any DBAs out there that happen to read the SIM forums that can speak on whether missing a primary key on a table is a good/bad thing?

See attached screen shot.

Thanks.

Nelson

4 REPLIES 4
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Apparently our web proxy/content filtering software is prevently me from adding attachments.

Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

In some case we have observed when there are dups entries in the devices table. Check for dup. node entries in DB Table.

if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Yes - there are duplicates in the table.  I even went as far as trying to delete the duplicates from the table (which I know is a BAD idea from a database management standpoint), but it would not let me because there is no primary key on the table:

The row value(s) updated or deleted either do not make the row unique or they alter multiple rows.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>preventing me from adding attachments.

You need to have a known suffix.  Like .txt or .zip.