7171 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Foundation agent not detected on discovery

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Foundation agent not detected on discovery

Hello folks,

I'm having a problem were systems are being skipped during discovery and not added to HPSIM.

It says HP Foundation agent not found- however if i relax the discover filters to add unknown/unmanaged the server is added and I have to re-run identify twice for all the properties of the server to be pulled.

What I am doing wrong? My protocal settings which regards to timeouts are all set to 6 seconds. My servers are on the same physically lan as my HPSIM- backed by fiber connected multi-gigabit switches.
1 REPLY 1
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: Foundation agent not detected on discovery

Hi

Are you sure these servers are properly configured ?

for if they appear as unmanaged at the end of the discovery process, this means that SIM cannot communicate with them properly :
either some firewall is blocking the protocols ports between the CMS and the managed device or the managed device is not setup the right way.

Check the firewall possibility first then check the nodes : if they are not configured (snmp installed + agents), you may use CRa (configure and repair agents to fix it.

hope it helps

fred
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov