Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware failure emails not sent

Highlighted

Hardware failure emails not sent

Our setup of HP SIM isn't sending email notifications when hardware fails.
SNMP is working OK as when something fails, the Health Status of the server does change in SIM!
Email notification is setup correctly as emails get sent when servers reboot or someone logs into SIM but dispite checking all manner of options in Automatic Event Handling - still no joy :(
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Hardware failure emails not sent

They're two different mechanisms. HW failures use the agents to send an SNMP Trap. So you need to ensure the trap destination on the client servers points to the HPSIM Server.

Outages etc. are detected by the HPSIM Server polling servers and it generates the alert if it cannot reach them.
Highlighted

This is what perplexes me, the agents are sending traps to HP SIM and this is shownup on the dashboard when hardware fails but despite setting up automatic event handling, HP SIM won't send an email although visually reporting a hardware failure! Any ideas??
Highlighted

further info:
I have configured Automatic Event Handling to send alerts via email by doing the following:

Going to 'Options' menu; Events; Automatic Event Handling; Events; Manage Tasks...; then configured the option 'Events by Severity' and selected "All Events".

Now I get emails when people logon/log-off HP SIM but (see attached jpg) when the 'Health Status' of a server changes (power supply failure in this case) no email alert.