Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752717 Members
5387 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to modify VCA agent settings through a script or command line - Windows platform

SOLVED
Go to solution
Allen Lydecker

How to modify VCA agent settings through a script or command line - Windows platform

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been digging for some time now but I cannot find any information and was hopeing someone could help me out.

We are trying to update the repository information on several thousand servers, and script it so that when our new servers are built that it automatically gets the VCA repository information (server name, user ID, PW).

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to modify VCA agent settings through a script or command line - Windows platform

Assuming you don't want to use SIM to push out these settings:

VCAgent settings are store in the file "C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\vcagent.options" on each Windows server. What you could do is setup a "Gold" configuration on a test/build server, then use a script to copy that vcagent.options file to every new server you build - maybe as part of your deployment process (like the Run Once option of SYSPREP).

I would suspect that most people on this forum, however, would recommend using SIM to push out the settings mass numbers of servers at once time. But using a script ensures that EVERY new server that is build has the correct settings and does not require you to rely on a "SIM Administrator" to remember to push out the settings after a deployment.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Just re-read your question...

For you existing servers, using SIM to push out the settings.

For new servers, I personally would use a script (as described in my earlier post).

Nelson
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

For your new builds, you can pre-set the configuration. When you load HP SUM, scroll down to the VCA component and you'll see that it is classed as 'Configurable' -- select 'Configure now' and you'll be able to store the VCRM server and credentials in the component that will be remembered for subsequent uses...
Allen Lydecker

Thanks Nelson! You had exactly what I needed. I appreciate it!