Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1755061 Members
2947 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to uninstall and reinstall Remote Software Support Manager??

Rolly_1
Occasional Advisor

How to uninstall and reinstall Remote Software Support Manager??

Hi all,

I've had an issue with Remote Software Support Manager and on other forums I've been told it needs to be reinstalled.

All I can find is documents saying you can't or you run a batch file uninstaller that doesn't do anything, there isn't anything in the add remove programs.

I then found another doco that tells me I have to do some registry changes...

I've tried it all but it still fails to reinstall. Something always pointing back to ISEE_SWM_COMMANDQUEUE missing how do I reintall this?

I'd really apreciate it if one of the HP guns out there could just point me to the how to remove RSSM for idiots guide... I am amazed that such a little program can give me so much grief...

If perhaps there is a doco that shows me how to whipe the whole HP Systems Insight Manager (5.2) and I can start all the way from point 0 I would be eternaly grateful!

Thanks all :)

Roland
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: How to uninstall and reinstall Remote Software Support Manager??

You might try this. Do a search for iseeclient.msi and rerun if that way. I had the same problem and found this in an older thread.
Rolly_1
Occasional Advisor

thanks for the tip, but I tried that and I'm still getting the issue which points to the custom service error "The ISEE_SWM_COMMANDQUEUE service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified."

I'm comparing the settings to another server and all looks the same. (even in registry as I've created my own custom services before)

I think if I can get this service to work I should be able to get rssm to actually run.

jaywardhan
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rolly,

Try doing the following to uninstall the Remote Support Pack:-

1) Click on "Uninstall Remote Support Software Manager" under Start> All Programs> Hewlett-Packard> SWMAgent

2)Uninstall ISEE_CMS_SWMAGENT from Add/Remove Programs

3)Delete the folder "SWMAgent" under "C:\Program Files\HP"

4)Go to Regedit and delete "ISEECMSSWMAGENT" under "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services]"

Try reinstalling the Remote Support pack post these steps. It should ideally fix the issue you are facing and HP SIM would let you install the Remote Support Pack.

If you have already done the above there are possibilites that your installing setup file might have got corrupt( I had faced the same in my organization). Just try unzipping the files again from HP SIM zip file and run the installer.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jay