1753805 Members
7783 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-SIM Disable montoring ESX guest for specific host

ICT Maintenance
Occasional Contributor

HP-SIM Disable montoring ESX guest for specific host

The new HP-SIM also monitors guests within an ESX host. Great option but I would like to disable it for our Labmanager ESX hosts. Because it is a dynamic environment I do not want them disable one-by-one as guests are deployed often. Guests have the same name as production so it is sometimes confusing
5 REPLIES 5
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

Select the host and inn the HP SIM web UI , reach for options system prperties / suspend /resume monitoring. You can disable for given period of time or forever...

Hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
ICT Maintenance
Occasional Contributor

Fred,

Thanks for the reply but I want to monitor the host but not the underlying guests. Default when a guest is added on the host is sould be default not be monitored.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not sure how easy that is for vmware host or cluster specific.
You can disable guest discovery but that's global and probably not want you want either.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Hi

The guest systems are discovered over the WBEM port 5989. If change the system credential for this port to a never working value only for yur test system you do not get the guest systems information anymore. The HW monitoring is still done by the Agents and a HW failure will be send via SNMP trap to the SIM server.

This solution does not work for ESXi environment, because ESXi HW alarming is based on WBEM. You also need a SIM version which allows to set the diffrent protocol credetials.
5.3 and higher should work.

If you have already discovered the server it could be that you need to delet once the already discovered guest systems. You should see a list at the bottom of the system page.

BPE
simonwirral
Advisor

The way I got round a similar problem was to create a custom collect, add the servers I don├в t wont to monitor to it (not just VM Guest also rack mount as we have a selection of server types for testing). Then create a automatic event for this collection, set to just clear all events and not inform.

hope this helps
is there more to this box of bits???