108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Version Control Repository Manager Service Stuck in Starting Status

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

HP Version Control Repository Manager Service Stuck in Starting Status

My VCRM service is stuck in starting status. I previously had SIM 4.0 installed, tried an upgrade, and decided to completely uninstall and start over. After the reinstall the VCRM service stays in starting status. Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Tim
3 REPLIES 3
Keith Rogers
Advisor
Solution

You might change the service logon to allow it to interact with the desktop, and then locally watch and see if there's a message popup.

There is a problem with the VCA hanging and then failing on startup that is caused by an incompatible OpenSSL DLL in the system32 directory. The VCRM could have the same failure, so check the system32 directory for ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll.
Tim McGue
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the quick reply. You were right on target, I had an old version in System32. I've got a case open with HP and they are investigating more. This is what I did:
-disable the service
-reboot
-install Win32 OpenSSL from:
http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
-set the service to automatic and let it start

Tim
Bezzoh
Occasional Advisor

Nearly nine years on and this post just saved my ass. Everythign was working fine for 24 hours after installation of HPSIM, VCRM, VCRA, WBMEM components, etc and then in the middle of an update from HP the VCRM just hung and neither that nor VCRA services could be restarted. I had already trashed the isntall and started again once after not being able to figure out at what point the failure occurred.

An up to date OpenSSL x64 install from the web site mentioned, and ta-da, everything is good again.

This is why I love forums :)