3727 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 6.0 : unable to delete any event

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

HPSIM 6.0 : unable to delete any event

Hello.
I have a problem that is really similar to this thread :http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1277119944633+28353475&threadId=1304063
I have a collection that contains all the events older than 60 days (about 8500 events) and a scheduled task that deletes them every week.
The task never goes away from 0% so I must stop it.
If I try to manually delete all or some of these events, the deletion fails and Mx.log contains the messages :
@!@,2010-06-21 13:56:41 CEST,CONFIG,FAILURE,START,TASK,Delete Events,ERROR,DCCSUP01\AdminCct,190,1362235629,
The target collection is empty.

The events I'm trying to delete are dated April 21 st or later. I'm surprised because my sim6 server has been migrated on June 3rd. I guess the migration tool also migrated some events.

If I try to delete recent events, like today, no problem.

Mxconfigrepo -c says there is no problem.

The server is an esx guest running W2003R2 with Sp2 and a local sql 2005 sp3 database.

I've restarted the server several times but without luck.

Do you have any idea about how to solve this ?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello.
Some informations regarding this question :
- I used an account other than the one I installed SIM6 with. The problem is the same.
- I tried to delete some events not with the 'more than 60 days' collection but from a machine that is having such events. Same.
- I can delete some events just after I log on the web interface, but after that, no luck.

Can someone tell me how I can digg into that problem ? I used the SQL profiler but did not see any transaction that could help me.
The mx.log file is not helpfull.

Thank you.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello.
Some updates :

I ran the folwing command in the SQL studio against HP SIM database :

delete from notices where ((generated < 1272067200000) and (noticeseverity !=1))

Then mxconfigrepo -f and mxconfigrepo -c

The 'more then 60 days' collection was containing about 8000 events, there is now 580 events

But the problem is still here. I've created a 'delete events' task that runs against this collection and the task doesn't completes.

Mx.log doesn't show any error.

Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to delete the events using the SQL queries.

Thank you.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Hello.

The latest news :

- uninstalled SIM 6
- installed again
- imported the products.zip file from the 5.3 CMS
- deleted all the systems but the CMS itself -> all the events are also deleted, that means SIM is able to do it
- imported all the systems from a discovery file -> ok, they are all back.
- tried to delete more than 6 months events : event ' the collection is empty' in mx.log.

And now I discover the custom tool I've created on the 5.3 server is invisible on the 6.0 CMS. I can't use it, delete it or modify it. But if I create a tool with the same name, SIM says a 'tool with that name already exists'.

That migration is a mess.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

And of course SIM logs only 'reachable' events for the management processors, excepted some for which I haven't discovered the reason why it's working.