New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM and EMS integration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

HPSIM and EMS integration

Hi all:

Working with HPSIM C.05.00.01.01 on WIN 2003 server SP1.

I am wanting to set up some EMS alerts on HPUX systems (HPUX 11.23). All HPUX systems have the WBEM and SysFaultMgmt installed and configured.

How is this configuration performed to allow for more explicit information from WBEM when sending SMS pages?

How does the SysFaultMgmt integrate the WBEM with the EMS monitors?

Example, I have a filesystem over a size threshold. How do I get EMS to send via WBEM instead of SNMP?

5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM and EMS integration

Not sure what EMS is.
if you have HPSIM, let it get the SNMP Traps and create the Event.
From there the Event can trigger a Custom Command which could be a script to reformat the message and deliver it.

Otherwise I'm not too sure where HPSIM would get involved. It typically just waits for SNMP traps from the Agents for fault warnings. WBEM is more for scheduled data collection.
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

EMS is Event Management Service. It has been a standard utility with HPUX for quite some time.

I was reading in previous posts that EMS can have alerts/alarms sent to the CMS via WBEM instead of SNMP.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Interesting, I didn't know WBEM had any kind of delivery mechanism.
I'm not familar with HPUX, you may get more luck on an HPUX forum as more folk there would understand how EMS can deliver the alerts.
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Rick,
The Resource Management function, that you configure in SAM under Event Monitory Service, can not yet be integrated with HP-SIM via WBEM.

The events that the EMS Hardware Monitors generate, which are different from the EMS alerts, are what can be reported through HP-SIM by the use of SysFaultMgmt. SFM is specifically for the reporting of hardware problems via WBEM, not a generic method for replacing EMS as a delivery mechanism.

It is planned to add a WBEM provider to the EMS framework in the future, so you will then be able to do what you are asking.

Andrew
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Thanks all!