Re: HPSIM export tool error

SOLVED
Go to solution
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

HPSIM export tool error

Hi,

When I use the mxexport tool, it stops with this error:
Error occurred while exporting data. Export failed.

I adjusted the migration.props file to add more debugging. In the migration_log4j.log file I see this errors:

2010-09-22 09:26:05,395 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] java.lang.Exception: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
at com.hp.mx.migration.hpsim.rules.CredentialKeyFileBasedDecryptionRule.processRule(CredentialKeyFileBasedDecryptionRule.java:40)
at com.hp.mx.migration.framework.base.RuleProcessorClass.processrules(RuleProcessorClass.java:386)
at com.hp.mx.migration.framework.base.RuleProcessorClass.processExportTableRules(RuleProcessorClass.java:106)
at com.hp.mx.migration.framework.core.ExportEngineThread.run(ExportEngineThread.java:211)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
at com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE_h.b(DashoA12275)
at com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE_h.b(DashoA12275)
at com.sun.crypto.provider.BlowfishCipher.engineDoFinal(DashoA12275)
at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(DashoA12275)
at com.hp.mx.security.CryptUtils.decrypt(CryptUtils.java:439)
at com.hp.mx.migration.hpsim.rules.CredentialKeyFileBasedDecryptionRule.processRule(CredentialKeyFileBasedDecryptionRule.java:35)
... 4 more

2010-09-22 09:26:05,410 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] LEAVING: processrules
2010-09-22 09:26:05,410 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] Error while processing export rules for Credential
2010-09-22 09:26:05,410 INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] java.lang.Exception: Error while processing export rules for Credential
at com.hp.mx.migration.framework.base.RuleProcessorClass.processExportTableRules(RuleProcessorClass.java:108)
at com.hp.mx.migration.framework.core.ExportEngineThread.run(ExportEngineThread.java:211)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Has anyone seen this before? Any solution for this?
8 REPLIES 8
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I did see this issue. which version of SIM is this?
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

let us know the version of HPSIM
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

We have this issue with HP SIM 5.3.
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

I am not very positive that it is supported on that config, you might need some additional steps... let me check and ge tback..
Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro
Solution

This may be caused by an errant entry in the Credential table. The query below can list a errant entry, the following one could be used to delete it.

select * from Credential where not exists ( select NodeCredentialMap.credentialLUID from NodeCredentialMap where Credential.LUID =NodeCredentialMap.credentialLUID )
and not exists ( select GenericCredentialMap.credentialLUID from GenericCredentialMap where Credential.LUID = GenericCredentialMap.credentialLUID)

And to remove an entry if the above shows any results:

delete from Credential where not exists ( select NodeCredentialMap.credentialLUID from NodeCredentialMap where Credential.LUID =NodeCredentialMap.credentialLUID )
and not exists ( select GenericCredentialMap.credentialLUID from GenericCredentialMap where Credential.LUID = GenericCredentialMap.credentialLUID)
I work for HPE.
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

thanks. This seems to work :-)

When we enter other commans, like mxnode for example, this is always displayed:
There was a problem connecting to the HP Systems Insight Manager server. Make sure that:
1. Your username has been added to HP Systems Insight Manager.
2. Your username and password, if specified, are correctly spelled.
3. HP Systems Insight Manager is running.
4. You used '--' for any long options and double quotes if your username include
s a domain.
Example: --user "mydomain\myusername" --pass mypassword

The user I am starting the commands with is the same user I use to login in hpsim.

Do you also know a solution for this?
Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro

Was this seen on the system where the mximport was later run?
The import tool will not automatically restart services, so verify that the services have been restarted.
Second, if services are running, can you log into that "target" system?
I also suggest viewing the data migration white paper, in case you have not already at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02537453/c02537453.pdf
I work for HPE.
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I don't have a target system yet. Just testing the export tool to be sure it's working when I am going to move to hpsim 6.2 for example.

I see this problem on the source system. All services should be running, because I can login to the web gui of hpsim without any problem.