4775 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPSIM Signing CSR with SAN

Anonymous
Not applicable

HPSIM Signing CSR with SAN

Hi All,

I am wanting to sign my HPSIM certificate against our internal CA. The problem I have is that whenever I create the CSR request in HPSIM, it omits the Subject Alternate Name (SAN) information that I had filled out earlier as part of the certificate.

Setting the SAN is somewhat important for me as I am using Windows Server and I currently use a DNS CNAME of hpsim.mycompany.com to point to the machine name ( SITEPR-SERVERTYPE), and would prefer not to have to rename to server to 'HPSIM' just to get a certificate that will match the hostname. I imagine any hostname/dns mismatches will also cause HPSIM to do interesting things.

Does anyone have experience with signing the HPSIM certificate with a CA with the ability to use certificates SANs?

3 REPLIES 3
AndyChips
Advisor

Did you get anywhere with this? I've successfully created an SSL certificate with a SAN but HPSIM refuses to honor it, returning the following error:

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

I've tried all sorts of combinations of certificate generation but have been unable to get it to work. If I remove the SAN everything is OK.

jnxno
Visitor

Old thread - but has anyone been able to create a certificate with SAN information?

I have tried "everything" - but probably not the correct thing.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @jnxno

Thank you for posting!  Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo