1752782 Members
5948 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HPSMH crashes repeatedly on SIM server

Mikael Rönnbäck
Super Advisor

HPSMH crashes repeatedly on SIM server

After upgrading to the new SSD 7.90 the SMH keeps on crashíng all the time, on the SIM server only as far as I've seen which is lucky that it is not all other machines too.

Any ideas why ?

This is what is logged in Windows eventviewer

EventID 1004:
Reporting queued error: faulting application hpsmhd.exe, version 2.1.10.186, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x00037101.
7 REPLIES 7
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Re: HPSMH crashes repeatedly on SIM server

Which version of windows OS are you using.

Could you please attach the error log files if possible. It is there in c:/hp/hpsmh/logs/.

Which SIM version are you using and on which Server did you install SIM.

Thanks
Sinto
Mikael Rönnbäck
Super Advisor

The OS is Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition, running Servicepack 2
The hardware SIM is running on is an HP ProLiant DL 585 (G1) with 4 x AMD Opteron 2.40 GHz dual core processors and 8 GB of RAM.

SIM is currently running version 5.1 SP1, an upgrade from 5.0 SP4.

And the SMH worked perfectly when on v 7.60 until upgraded to v 7.90.

There are several log files, I am not sure which one you are looking for or what info from them ? At least some of the logs seem to contain user names, machine names and IP adresses so I would like to know what you need so I can edit out parts I cannot disclose from the logs before I attach it here.

Thanks
Mikael
mark q
Regular Advisor

New eror with version 3.0.0.64 - just reported to hp.

Reporting queued error: faulting application hpsmhd.exe, version 3.0.0.64, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0002a754.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
MeierDavid
Regular Advisor

Hello,

did you get any solution for this problem?

Thanks
Teddy Choi

Mark/anyone - find any resolution or source of the issue? We're seeing a similar error:

Application Error:1000
Faulting application hpsmhd.exe, version 3.0.0.64, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.4455, fault address 0x000210e8.

Haven't found any leads yet.
Chad_75
Occasional Advisor

Has anyone found an answer to this?
William Devrell

I found this error to be caused by running an IIS web server with PHP installed on the same box as SIM. Removing PHP fixed the problem.